Ways To Know That God Loves The World
WHAT IS LOVE? The English dictionary put it as “an intense feeling of affection and care towards another person.”
HOW DO WE KNOW THAT GOD LOVES THE WORLD?
1. “God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.” (John 3:16-17).
2. God’s love for us is what motivated Him to send Christ into the world to save us. Christ paid for our sins, which had separated us from Him. This sacrifice not only brings us peace with God, it also brings us into a personal, loving relationship with Him. (Rom 5:1-5).
WHAT ABOUT OUR CURRENT PROBLEM(S) AND WHAT GOD SAID?
Coronavirus: Known briefly as COVID-19 started in 2019, and since then it has infection millions of people, as well as killing thousands around the world.
1. If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV).
2. “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, your healer.” (Exodus 15:26 ESV).
3. You shall serve the Lord your God, and he will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you. (Exodus 23:25 ESV).
WHAT ABOUT THE LOVE GOD SHOWN US?
1. In recent weeks, United States has accused China of spying on its COVID-19 vaccines so as to produce a duplicate of its own vaccine. What about God’s peace and humility?
2. There is ‘no unity’ among scientists/researchers around the world while on findings to put an end to COVID19.
3. The government has left the poor behind at this time to go without help, food, cloth and even without water.
4. The so called prophets have help in creating more hardship between their poor members by draining them of their last food and cash.
5. Many wealthy individual are yet to support the poor at this time.
WHERE ARE THE PROPHETS?
In years past, we have heard on the radio, TV of prophets and pastor raising the death, healing of different sicknesses.
But, unfortunately; we are yet to uncover any pastor or prophet that can heal COVID-19.
In the last few days, a Calabar pastor was seen selling coronavirus prevention oil at $100 (about N42,000).
Whereas, innocent Nigerians will fall for such scam and buy the oil. But, in reality, he lacks money, no more tithe, or collection for his welfare and decided to come up with a new trick.
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT FALSE PROPHETS?
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. (Matthew 7:15 ESV).
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 7:21 ESV).
OUR PROBLEM WILL SOON BE OVER
In May 2020, the WHO has said that coronavirus may never go away, but will live as the deadly HIV/AIDS. Children of God, we should never fear, because we have a God that is bigger than this problem. We should always pray and trust in Him.
In 1918, a pandemic virus, called the Spanish flu blew across the world like the current coronavirus and killed at least 50 million people. In Nigeria, then under colonial rule, an estimated 500,000 died.
About 500,000 Nigerians, out of a population of 18 million, died in less than 6 months, and between 50 and 80% of the population was stricken.
But, today, Spanish flu has become history; let us believe in ‘faith’ that coronavirus in no distant time will become history as well.
HOW CAN WE TAP INTO GOD’S BLESSINGS AT THIS TIME?
1. The rich among us should never abandon the poor.
2. We should make good use of our position(s) in life by doing the right thing at the right time.
3. We should always encourage positive influence and not discourage one another at this time.
4. We should show love just as Christ did to one another.
5. We should never neglect our worship in the church.
6. We should never stop giving to God through the church at this time.
CONCLUSION: At this trying time, God knows how to keep and protect us of which He is currently doing. Our own duty is never to leave His words behind, but to meditate on it day and night. In a time not far from now he will restore all that we had lost in Jesus name. Amen.