By Emem Johnson,
Following the just concluded governorship election in Edo State where Godwin Obaseki was declared the winner lessons has emerged from the elections.
Below is the five lessons to take home from the elections;
1. The people’s votes counted and the sanctity of democracy was preserved.
2. Buhari did not allow himself to be dragged into the mud by interfering in the process.
3. APC exposed it’s lapses, it is left for the party to address herself by instilling the culture of internal democracy and good reward system. These principles are a must if the party is interested in it’s existence beyond 2023.
4. Power is defined to belong to the people and it is clear that once the people are united, they can pull down the strongest force against them.
5. Power comes from God, no one should ever play God at any point in his life.
As INEC gives the last verdict, I wish to congratulate whoever emerges as winner. There is victory in failure if well managed. It is best to be magnanimous even in defeat. I supported my party APC to the last it is now time to move on on the elections and allow the will of God.
God bless Nigeria, God bless Edo people, God bless our democracy.