Akwa Ibom Govt Announces Resumption Dates For Primary, Secondary And University Education
By Eyo Nse,
On Friday, the Akwa Ibom State government anonymously agreed during its Executive Council meeting that primary, secondary and university schools in the state should resume after they forced closed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
This was made known through Comrade Ini Ememobong, the Honourable Commissioner for Information & Strategy Akwa Ibom State.
Excerpts for from the Executive Council meeting of Friday, 18th September, 2020..
The meeting was chaired by HE the Governor, MR. Udom Emmanuel and had HE, the Deputy Governor, SSG, Chief of Staff, Head of the Civil Service, all Commissioners and Special Advisers.
Numerous critical Issues of state importance were deliberated and resolved as follows:
Resumption of schools
1. Primary schools are to commence processes for the resumption of schools for primary six pupils only, on 21st September,2020, to prepare them for the common entrance(exit examinations). Additionally, the State Government will make face masks available to all primary six pupils only at resumption.
2. Public Secondary Schools to reopen on the 28th of September,2020. While, private secondary schools are to commence their processes for resumption on 21st September,2020, provided they comply with the COVID-19 protocol and review same with parents.
3. The Akwa Ibom State University will commence the processes of resumption on 21st September, 2020.
4. College of Education, Afaha Nsit, is to reopening processes on 21st September,2020
5. Akwa Ibom state Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua will resume on October 5, 2020
Council directed the Commissioner fir Environment and Petroleum Resources to ensure the immediate commencement of work on IBB Avenue, the contract having been duly awarded and fully funded.
The Council congratulated the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Uwemedimo Nwoko on his appointment as a Life Bencher by the Body of Benchers. Nwoko is the first Akwa Ibom person to be so appointed.
Comrade Ini Ememobong
Information & Strategy
Akwa Ibom State