Mum Loses Baby To Candlelight Fire In Calabar (Photo)

0
171

A mother has lost her baby to candlelight fire in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.

According to several reports, the incident took place in Calabar Municipality Local Government Area of the State.

Mum Loses Baby To Candlelight Fire In Calabar
The Scene

A one-year-old baby girl has been burnt to death in Calabar due to fire emanating from candlelight that ignited fire into the thatched house.

According to Vanguard, the tragic incident happened at Etta Agbor in Calabar Municipality Local Government Area.

The affected mother, 19-year-old Ms. Glory Etim Akpan, disclosed that her baby was ill and so she went out to a pharmacy in the area to get drugs and diapers for her

ALSO READ:  "Life Is Harder For A Career Driven Woman" - Nursing Mum Pictured Breastfeeding Her Son While Writing Post Graduate Degree exam says

Etim-Akpan explained that she left the child, a baby girl, Kate Dickson, at home sleeping, while the candlelight was burning as she rushed to a nearby drug store to buy drugs and diapers.

She said: “My baby was having catarrh, so I went out to buy drugs for her and pampers. Before leaving the house, I lighted a candle on top of a metal plate so that the place won’t be dark.

“I didn’t get to the pharmacy before I received a call that our house was on fire. It was not up to 30 minutes that I left the house.

“Neighbours around heard my baby crying, but they couldn’t intervene. When I came back, we broke the door and I found out that my baby was already burnt to death.

ALSO READ:  Missing 14 year-old Girl Found Raped And Murdered In Ogun State

“Also, I lost all my properties including my certificates. The fire burnt down my apartment completely.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!

Please enter your name here